11.24.2011

Culinarily Spoiled

Before starting with regular programing I would just like to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, whether you celebrate it or not. See to me this holiday isn't about having been born in America or it being an American holiday. The root of of Thanksgiving is just that, taking a day to share with family and friends to say thank you for a good year and for all the blessings life has given you. So whether your eating turkey and pumpkin pie today or just going about your normal routine, take a second to gives THANKS

On this day I am lucky enough to living in Madrid, as some of you may know, studying to get my masters degree. I actually ventured out early this morning to my nearest supermarket to try and see if there were ingredients to make either a pumpkin pie or a sweet potato casserole much to my disappointment there was neither. So here I am....back home telling you this story.
On the other hand, I can also give thanks that I am very culinarily spoiled, one of my roommates has become quite skill full in the kitchen and likes to experiment (yes, the same one that makes those Nutella cookies I can't eat ). Yesterday, I walk in and find her making some sort of egg concoction which looked very interesting. She asked me if I wanted some, sure enough I was on board.



What you need:

Muffin tin
Eggs 
Salt & Pepper
Any veggies you desire, can also add bacon and cheese

S made these by whisking eggs, seasoning with Salt & Pepper. Then she added spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes. Pour into muffin tins and bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees. Check in on the mini muffins after about 15 minutes and should be ready in about 20. They should be the cosistency seen above.

Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee or tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment