11.20.2011

S ²

My favorite vintage style Coffee mug. 
Saturday + Sunday = S ² [...]
This weekend has gone by much faster than I would've liked. Friday, Saturday and Sunday seem to just blur into one single day. Saturday was relaxing for the most part, breakfast on the couch  which I love and my roommate S (name to remain anonymous) made, what I have decided is her signature dessert, the Nutella Cookie. Now for those of you that don't know (which is all of you) I am HIGHLY allergic to nuts. The main component in Nutella? Hazelnut, this was bound to be a recepie for disaster (pun totally intended) but I couldnt resist sneaking into the kitchen to capture the cookie making process. I'll leave you with the recipie for those interested.


Nutella Cookie recipe: 

1 cup Nutella
½ cups Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour

1 whole Egg

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Blend all ingredients together well. 

Form into 1″ balls. 

Place on a cookie sheet. 

Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. 

Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool.




Sunday as usual in my house is dedicated to homework, studying and eating. It was my turn to make dinner, so I prepared a Chicken in a Mustard-Cream sauce with a veggie rice.
Really simple to make:
  • Cut about half an onion and 1/4 of a medium pepper into small pieces
  • Cut chicken breast into small squares and season with: Salt, pepper, granulated garlic and rosemary
  • Sautee onion in sunflower oil till transparent, then add chicken
  • Once chicken is cooked add about 3 table spoons of mustard. Mix
  • While this is cooking make a quick rice and when water is almost all evaporated add: Green peppers, onion and corn.
  • When mustard is incorperated add about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and splashes of milk so it isn't so thick.


Plate and enjoy.


But my favorite part of the entire weekend? Something so tiny and insignificant as the debut of the Christmas decorations in the apartment. Even though its still a month away seeing them around the house just makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment